A subcommittee to Sustainable Moorestown
- Sustainable Moorestown
- Initially created via Town Council Resolution in June 2012, the Sustainable Moorestown Green Team (Sustainable Moorestown) was mandated to pursue endeavors that would benefit Moorestown residents for generations to come.
- On August 10, 2015, Moorestown Council approved Moorestown Ordinance 14-2015 to recognize the Sustainable Moorestown Green Team as a permanent, official township committee of volunteers and to continue to serve as a steering committee for Moorestown sustainable initiatives.
- Current appointed members include: Wolf Skacel (Chairperson), David Hess (Vice-Chairperson), Clair Adair (Recording Secretary), Jeff Tait (Corresponding Secretary), Don Powell (Treasurer), Pat Fowler, Cathy Ward (Former Chairperson), Greg Newcomer, Chris Salvatico and Victoria Napolitano (Town Council Liaison).
- Sustainable Moorestown has achieved “Silver” certification for the last three years in the Sustainable Jersey program.
- A key activity for Sustainable Moorestown was the development of the Creative Arts subcommittee.
- Moorestown Creates!(TM)
- In 2014, an initial meeting was held between representatives of Sustainable Moorestown and a number of the major art groups that exist in Moorestown. The meeting included: Perkins Center for the Arts, MoorArts, and Moorestown Theater Company.
- The group was expanded further to include: Moorestown Public Schools, Moorestown Library, West Jersey Chamber Music Society and several local artists.
- The subcommittee was originally named the “Sustainable Moorestown Arts Committee” and was renamed: “Moorestown Creates!”(TM) to better capture the diversity of artists of all genres who live and work in Moorestown.